Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Austin Kieff and...Jesus

Two mornings in a row our conversation on the way to school has been about Jesus "dying on the cross to set us free from our sins."  It amazes me how much my little fella actually comprehends about his relationship and the relationship we desire him to have one day with Christ.  This morning he asked some very tough questions.  Questions if I were talking to an adult I could answer easily.  However, I hesitated in my responses to him.  And then I realized, if he was asking these questions, I needed to have faith that God would help him understand the answers.  It was not my responsibility to make him understand, but to plant the seed.  Well Austin Kieff definitely doesn't need a seed...I think that seed was planted long ago.  I think we are in the "tending" phase.  I pray that my example and the example of those around him provides the right "fertilizer!" 

His faith and love for our Lord never ceases to amaze/surprise me.  He is so matter-of-fact with his beliefs...no hesitation, no question.  God is the only God and the blood of Jesus washes our sins away when we believe.  Amen. 

I pray that the Lord will give me the words to say when Austin Kieff is asking these questions.  I pray that Austin Kieff never waivers in his faith and that his love for the Lord is always as passionate as it is now.  God truly blessed me with my son...and uses him to minister to my heart on a daily basis.

No comments: