Monday, February 7, 2011

Kind words

I was given a random complement last night on my penmanship. For most people what someone else thought about their handwriting wouldn't matter. But to me, it was a very nice thing to hear. You see in third grade I was told by my teacher Sister Theresa that I had the worst handwriting and that girls were supposed to have neat and precise penmanship. I was the last girl to be allowed to move up to the cursive paper. Petty, I know, but for me it was awful. My Mom has beautiful handwriting. I love getting notes from her. I was so scared I was going to have the worst handwriting forever.

So I learned a great lesson last night, a reminder that sometimes acknowledgement of a small thing can really brighten someone's day!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: