Thursday, February 10, 2011

SSMT Verse #3

My first verse for February is:

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
GREAT is YOUR faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-32

I thank God for His faithfulness.  There are so many aspects of this verse I could pick a part.  But I will focus on the word LOVE.  With February being the "month of love," this verse seemed perfect for my third SSMT verse.  It also seemed to complement the Sunday evening Bible study we are doing at church on worship.  This past Sunday, Bro. Bart, our music minister who is facilitating the study, talked a little about love.  God tells us to love one another.  We are to love others like God loves us.  I immediately thought of the love a parent has for a child.  I know that I would literally lay down my life for either of my children.  Bro. Bart talked a little about this as well.  But whether we admit it or not, Bro. Bart talked about there being limits to even the love we have as parents.  Sometimes parents do give up on their children.  But, as he said, God NEVER GIVES UP ON US!  Praise the Lord!!

So, do we love others as God loves us?  I know I don't always love others, not just my family and friends, but everyone the way that I want God to love me.  I want His mercy to be infinite, I want His ability to forgive to never end, I want compassion and patience.  I want kindness...you know the list.  The Bible does a great job of defining love or describing love in several places.  I want to be loved this way, but do I love God this way?  Do I love my family this way?  Do I love my friends this way?  Do I love others, especially those that I do not consider friends or even strangers this way?  It saddens me to admit that I do not.  But great joy is found in the knowledge that I can try anew each day. 

So how about a February challenge to anyone who actually reads our little home on the web.   How about trying to love others just as God loves you!  Imagine how our attitudes might change, some just a little...others perhaps a lot! 



Leave us a comment and let us know you were here :)

No comments: