Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Made Up Recipe

What do you do when you are bored? I like to cook or draw. As drawing requires quiet and uninterrupted concentration, I usually cook. An almost two-year old does not allow for much uninterrupted personal time!

The following is a recipe I made up on Sunday evening. David enjoyed it and even said he would like to have it again sometime!

Laura's Pork Skillet

4 cubed boneless center-cut pork chops
3 large red potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 finely chopped bell pepper
1 finely chopped onion (or lots of dried onion flakes!)
Rosemary
Black Pepper
Salt
Garlic Powder

Pour 2-3 T of olive oil in a large skillet. Toss in potatoes and pork chops. Season with Rosemary, pepper, salt and garlic to taste. Add onion. Cook until done, stirring occasionally (20-30 minutes on medium heat).

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow! I am impressed. I never try to "make up" something in the kitchen.