Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Inspiration

in·spi·ra·tion noun \ˌin(t)-spə-ˈrā-shən, -(ˌ)spi-\



Definition of INSPIRATION


1     a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate 
       sacred revelation
       b: the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions
       c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions


2     : the act of drawing in; specifically : the drawing of air into the lungs


3     a : the quality or state of being inspired b : something that is inspired
       inspiration>


4     : an inspiring agent or influence


— in·spi·ra·tion·al \-shnəl, -shə-nəl\ adjective


— in·spi·ra·tion·al·ly adverb

So, an INSPIRATION, do you have one?  I do.  Several.  But this month, I have one who comes to mind first and foremost.  She is simply stated amazing. 

A few words to describe her as a person:
Christian
Wife
Mother
Daughter
Friend

A few words to describe the type person she is:
Loving
Loyal
Devoted
Strong
Fearless
Trustworthy
Honest
Amazing
Inspiring
Virtuous (as in Proverbs)

There are so many more words I could use to describe this inspirational young woman.  She is truly phenomenal.  I watched her experience and conquer a life threatening and truly life changing situation.  I watched her allow the Lord to give her peace, to calm her fears, to surround her in His grace as she fought a battle.  I watched from afar as she exhibited strength beyond measure.  I watched as she calmed the fears of those around her.  I watched her truly trust in God's will for her life.  I watched her transform into an even better woman than she already was...a feat I did not think possible.  I watched her SURVIVE.

So for those of you suffering, for those of you who think you cannot go on another day, for those of you who are lost and  looking for a peace that only God can give you, for those of you who are floundering trying to keep up with all the world says you should have instead of what you truly need...take a look at this young woman.  Take note that her daily walk with the Lord has transformed so many of us around her who have the privilege of being a part of her family.  Take note that you can  have the same strength, the same peace that she has by trusting in Christ as your Savior.  Take note as I celebrate the amazing life of my sister, my friend, my inspiration:

Mary Margaret Jacobs Williams
Childhood Cancer Survivor
Breast Cancer Survivor
CHILD OF GOD


My wonderful brother, Mary Margaret and their beautiful children
Jacob and Lily

Two of Mary Margaret's inspirations



October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. 
Who do you PINK for?


No comments: