Saturday, December 31, 2011

Trip to South Alabama

In October, we had the opportunity to visit the other southern side of our great state.  I had a work meetings and the family tagged along.  We left one Friday afternoon and drove to Point Clear.  I loved the drive down...it was a route...well most of it (i.e. the part that I didn't try to direct a shortcut that ended up adding 30 minutes to our trip) we took many of a time when I was a kid.  Driving through Fairhope was BEAUTIFUL.  I believe I could definitely spend more time in the area...

Our little weekend getaway was a wonderful time away for our family.  We were lucky enough to have Miss Sara Hilton drive over from Mobile to be our sitter on Friday and Saturday evenings while David and I attended work functions.  We stayed at The Grand which was amazing.  The food...wonderful...the service...impeccable...the list of things to do...too long for the time we had!

We enjoyed walking around the resort, fishing on the pier, free bike rentals, canon demonstration and the beautiful views.  We headed home Sunday through Mobile and enjoyed touring the Battleship

Here are few pictures from our stay...the Battleship pictures have not been downloaded...

View from our amazing room!







Not sure if this was the dolphin or another fish..., but we saw DOLPHINS!! 


Austin Kieff had a great time fishing


Our room is the second one to the right of the big tree!

Beautiful

Enjoying a ride

There were beautiful butterflies everywhere!



The Cannon

Austin Kieff riding the rental bike


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Happy 2012! I hope you guys are doing well. Loved seeing all those sunny, warm photos from your trip "down South". Makes me long for Spring...