Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today

Today was Austin Kieff's sixth (well technically fifth as he missed last week) Upward game.  Oh how I do LOVE to watch him play sports...swim...run...laugh...okay I just love to watch him . (period).

It was an early morning in the office for me so that I could take a very much extended lunch break.  I dropped AKJ's T-ball registration form and $ off at the school before stopping by the house on my way to Troy. There is so much excitement in our house on "Game Day."  I hope it is always like this.

This post is mainly for me, and because I want to remember "today."  While watching AKJ play a rather aggressive game of basketball of which I was not at all too happy with at times, but think he was definitely "on" as far as his defensive game goes...I reached over and hugged Caroline tight and said, "I love you so much!"  My sweet baby girl said, "I love you Mommy...do it again!"  So, I did it again...and again...and again...and again for good measure.

Back to the office I went this afternoon and left my little ones with their Daddy.  Entertaining them will definitely not be a problem today as Cousin Jacob and Cousin Lily are at Grandmomma and Papa's house!! 

Here is something I read that I want to remember...you might enjoy it, too:

Choosing joy is acknowledging that while I don't understand what's going on, God does.

Choosing joy is remembering that while life seems to be spiraling out of control, it is never out of God's control.

Choosing joy is remaining mindful that while my circumstances may feel anything but ideal, God still has my good and His glory in mind.

No comments: