Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mostly for Mommy Monday (M4MM)...a few days late

The fact this post is late is merely a reminder of the time of year it is. I have a love/hate relationship with the first three months of the year.

Looking back I remember anticipating Valentine's Day a little like Christmas or my birthday. Picking out or handcrafting cards for friends and family, wondering if the recipient would smile or be brought a little bit of joy. I treasured the moment when the cards were opened. Believe it it not, I still do. My mom always said thank you and I know now just how much she treasures each crayon drawing, card or note...even if poor grammar or misspelled words were present!

I have received many beautiful cards, expensive boxes of chocolate even jewelry on this special day of love. But none of these compare to the sweet note from my dear son complete with custom artwork a kiss and a hug...and four heart melting words, "I love you momma."


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: