Friday, April 12, 2013

More than a dress...

On Good Friday, I received a very special package in the mail from my Aunt Bob.  Enclosed were items that I thought were long gone...treasures from my childhood.  The package contained some very special items including two dresses.  One of the dresses my mom had made for photogenic pictures when I was 5.  The pictures still hang on her wall.  The other dress was made by my Aunt and all the french hand embroidery was the product of her loving hands.  It was so special for me to let Caroline wear this dress to church last week.  Unfortunately, there was a small accident handling the dress when removing Caroline from her carseat and the delicate inset was detached (hoping this is repairable).  Here is Caroline sporting my dress:


She will not wear the other dress until I am ready to have her picture made.  I am not risking any more accidents!

No comments: